With COVID-19 impacting community colleges, Interact Communications decided to put together a live webinar with crisis communications expert Scott Summerfield with SAE Communications, Interact CEO Dr. Pam Cox-Otto, and Interact president Cheryl Broom.
The presentation covered:
- Higher education and local agency communications response trends
- Crisis communications best practices that ensure the community stays informed
- Media relations tips to communicate ongoing challenges
- Internal communications tips to keep staff and faculty informed and supportive
- What’s next: From commencement cancellations to declining enrollment, what you can do now to prepare
After the initial presentation, there was about an hour of Q&A. The webinar was held at 10 a.m. PDT / 12 p.m. CDT on Thursday, March 19th.
Listen to this webinar as a podcast.
Available Resources from SAE Communications
- COVID-19 Planning Outline
Created to help bring structure to organizational communications responses
- Emergency Public Information Plan Sample
Samples of the documents referenced in the presentation, along with a Table of Contents for colleges that may want to develop a full crisis communications plan as part of their overall crisis response
View the chat from the webinar here.
Join the discussion here.